Monday, March 1, 2010

"Wild Goose Chase" by Mark Batterson-Chap 4

What an incredible weekend!  My son turned 14, he designed his own invitations on the computer and passed them out at school.  We had 60-65 Jr High students come over on Friday night.  They were awesome.  So much fun to get to know your kid's friends...ya know...spend time with them.
A few parents insisted I had lost my mind.  They wondered how my house would EVER recover.  Here's the deal...yes things got broken and yes there are a few new spots on the carpet, oh and yes, there was a grass fire from the fireworks...but we had one incredibly memorable weekend!
I'm finding so much peace in just accepting the bad with the good.  God allows it all, right?  I just spoke to someone on the phone who was so angry and was really wanting to place blame for different circumstances in their life.  I want to encourage you...remember God is in control.
I am reminded of the story I read as a kid...a young man asked God, "Please make me happy."  And God responded, "I give you blessings, happiness is up to you." I don't care what your circumstances are...you can find good...you just have to look for it!
Wild Goose Chase: Reclaim the Adventure of Pursuing God
Make sure you click on the photo of Wild Goose Chase so you can have your book in 3-4 days!
In Chapter 4, Mark writes about the promise God made to Abraham.  "God TOOK Abraham outside and said, Look up at the heavens and count the stars...so shall  your offspring be."  Mark reminds us that Abraham was probably in a tent and God took him on a field trip to step outside and LOOK UP!  Abraham would never look at the sky the same way.  The stars became reminders of the promise God gave him.  "There is something about looking up into the night sky that restores my perspective and recalibrates my spirit. It reminds me of how small I am and how big God is."



Mark also tells the story of the voyage of Columbus...his favorite part, the fact that not one crew member had ever been more than 300 miles offshore!  In the words of Andre' Gide, "People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Island In The Sun 273 Wall Mural

"You have to be willing to go somewhere you've never been or do something you've never done."
Have a wonderful day and I'll see you soon....in Chapter 5! : )



0 comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think? We'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking the time to hang with us...see you again soon!

Favored House Cleaning Schedule!

Monday-Friday Cleaning List:
Move Over Mess...We're Getting Organized for 2010!

Monday Master Bedroom & 1 Load of Laundry
Tuesday TV/Family Room & 1 Load of Laundry
Wednesday Kitchen & 1 Load of Laundry
Thursday Remaining Bedrooms & 1 Load of Laundry
Friday Bathrooms & 1 Load of Laundry


Can you give just $5 to help?

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones